Hi! I’m Hope Tsai, and I was born and raised in the mitten state of the United States: Michigan. A sixteen-year-old girl with a penchant for literature, traveling, and the performing arts, I spend my free time writing, singing and vigorously acting out lyrics, and putting myself down by spending too much time on CollegeConfidential. I’m a musical fanatic and an alto (in choir), so I usually sound like a sick beluga whale while singing (okay, I might be exaggerating a bit here). I love learning, and I am interested in nearly everything, though some interests are deeper than others.
I spend my days doing schoolwork, driving (well, technically, being driven to places), singing in choir and everywhere else, in dance class (Cecchetti represent), and writing and jamming along to music in my spare time. (Oh! I also freak out about my future a lot. Can’t forget about that.) I absolutely love the busy and bustling city, which is filled with all sorts of people and activities. My heart just soars at the sight of tall, glass buildings, subways, and entertainers on the streets;, and my favorite view is the city lights at night. Currently, I live in a suburban town in Michigan and I actually do love the little quaint customs we have, such as going to the cider mill in the fall and Frankenmuth in the winter. Below, you will find some random facts about me; thank you so much for dropping in!
- Hufflepuff-Pukwudgie (I just had to start off with HP.)
- Miscellaneous Loves: the semicolon, the oxford comma, parentheses, humans (YOU are awesome), harmonies in music, all versions of Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Marvel
- Musical Theatre Fanatic (but I said that already)
- Devourer of Books
- Writer (a little bit obvious, but pretty important)
- Dancer (in my bedroom, mainly)
- Optimistic at Heart
- Favorite Color: Yellow
- Favorite Musicals: Thoroughly Modern Millie, Cabaret, Heathers, She Loves Me, Chicago, Hairspray, Waitress, Legally Blonde
- Favorite Book: Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Favorite Movies: Brooklyn, Hairspray, The Imitation Game, Pride and Prejudice, Legally Blonde, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, La La Land, Hidden Figures, Moana, Zootopia, easy A
- Favorite TV Shows: The Good Place, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Pushing Daisies