Hi! I’m Hope Tsai, and I was born and raised in the mitten state of the United States: Michigan. A seventeen-year-old girl with a penchant for literature, traveling, computer science, and the performing arts, I spend my free time writing, singing and vigorously acting out lyrics, and putting myself down by spending too much time on CollegeConfidential. I’m a musical fanatic and an alto (in choir), so I usually sound like a sick beluga whale while singing (okay, I might be exaggerating a bit here). I love learning, and I am interested in nearly everything, though some interests are definitely deeper than others.
I spend my days doing schoolwork, driving (well, technically, being driven to places), singing in choir and everywhere else, in dance class (Cecchetti represent), and writing and jamming along to music in my spare time. Currently, I live in little suburbia and I actually do love the little quaint customs we have, such as going to the cider mill in the fall and Frankenmuth in the winter, even though I love big cities more. Below, you will find some random facts about me; thank you so much for dropping in, and feel free to leave a comment!
- Hufflepuff-Pukwudgie (I just had to start off with HP.)
- Miscellaneous Loves: the semicolon, the Oxford comma, humans (YOU are awesome), harmonies in music, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Marvel, cats, Studio Ghibli
- Musical Theatre Fanatic (but I said that already)
- Devourer of Books
- Writer (a little bit obvious, but pretty important)
- Dancer (in my bedroom, mainly)
- Optimistic at Heart
- Favorite Color: Yellow
- Favorite Musicals: Anastasia, Waitress, Legally Blonde, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Newsies
- Favorite Book: Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown
- Favorite Movies: Hairspray, The Imitation Game, Wonder Woman, Legally Blonde, Hidden Figures, Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Kimi no Na Wa, You are the Apple of my Eye, Our Times
- Favorite TV Shows: The Good Place, Doctor Who, Agent Carter, Pushing Daisies, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Doctor